"3 mice before 1am, McGee brought at least one (chat was paused); molly mouse 2:35am; Molly rat 2:50am; Molly 4:30am big rodent; 5:17 McMoll big p-gopher"
Other interesting happenings:
- Molly watches owlets squawk for a while, then goes in the box and pulls out (from where?) a heretofore unknown pantry half-rat, tries to re-gift
- Ashley grabs half-rat, starts to work; Carrie squawks louder
- Molly watches and waits outside, finally goes back in, takes the half-rat, tries to shred it but is beaked and poked by hungry owlets and leaves.
- Molly brings in a mouse, Ashley inhales it.
- After more squawking, Molly goes back inside, pushes owlets out of the way, and shreds and "tenderizes" the half-rat; still no luck. Carrie squawking.
- Finally says "Do I have to do everything around here?" Goes back inside, grabs half-rat, and starts shredding and eating and feeding a bit. This continues until enough of the half-rat is gone for it to be swallowed. I don't know who did it.
|Ouch, that hurts!|
|Can you do it Ashley?|
|Fine, I'll do it!|
- Molly has in-air "dog fight" with unknown smaller visiting owl and hangs out on top of the box for long time, watching.....
Have a great owl day!