Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Owl My Love ...

i was challenged to make a Molly Owl by an innocent victim of MOD ...



who like it so much she adopted it right away!



I regularly make soft sculpture and enjoyed the challenge of beautiful molly. I looked at a lot of screen-captures as well as some of the footage saved from the live cam ...



my Molly features German glass eyes, English mohair, felted woollen fabrics, machine and hand embroidery details ... Also, needle-felted beak and claws.



Yikes, I would not want to be that little mouse (also made by me)...



Number one Molly living in London .... I will share with you the Work-in-progress as i make another lovelt molly owl ...

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I want one. You have great talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go to Raggy Rat's facebook page, via her blog I think - you can see step by step how she made the owl and the close up details of the fabric and colors. What a beautiful sculpture!

    http://www.raggyrat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you Kes, I will do a step by step of the next one on here ... it may turn out different, i dont know ! sometimes, they take over !

    ReplyDelete